Saturday, September 8, 2012

looks from NYFW (part 3)

and so... NY fashion week continues! NY fashion week continues over the weekend so i will continue to post throughout the weekend, showcasing my favorite looks from collections

remember, for more up-to-date photos as well as more outfits from collections, check out The Cut (Runway) and FabSugar.

Behnaz Sarafpour

I really enjoyed the easy femininity of this collection. The clothes displayed are attainable looks for the everyday woman.  I loved the hint of fifties and lace mixed with modern touches such as metallics and peplum silhouettes. 

 

 

 

photos from The Cut

Yigal Azrouel

I wasn't a big fan of this collection - despite this one look. I couldn't get over the styling.  Many of the outfits were styled with a large, detachable hood that looked like a mixture between a nun habit and a baseball hat. However, there were some interesting details such as the laser cut fabrics.


photo from The Cut

Billy Reid

This collection contained really well made suits and this fabulous dress (but with some better shoes). I want it!

 

photos from The Cut

Charolette Ronson

I really enjoyed this collection! It is the definition of California cool - interesting patterns, board shorts, cut-outs, easy, and chic. However, I felt the big bags (even though I loved them) were a little distracting - they blocked a few of the outfits (especially the silhouettes of a few).  Styling-wise, other then the over sized bags, I loved it. Again, super California Girl -esk.

 

 

 

 

photos from The Cut

Cushnie et Ochs

I loved nearly every piece in the collection.  It was modern, edgy, original, and attainable.  The styling was perfect as well. Simple makeup with a cat eye and a slick, strait center part. Well done!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

photos from The Cut

Helmut Lang

This urban collection features biker-esk pieces with an urban twist and bright colors and patterns.

 

 

 

photos from The Cut

Houghton

This collection features a variety of different patterns as well as lace.  I especially enjoyed the use of lace due to the fact that this designer was able to use it in a new and innovative way (see the 3rd look). But next time, please loose the obnoxious earrings...

 

 

 

 

photos from The Cut

Jason Wu

Collection featured the on-trend fabric - lace. Also, my other loves - leather, sheer, and chiffon.  I especially loved the dresses with the attached capes (I guess that's what you call it...). Styling was perfect as well - hair with fifties front and a braid in the back, and the bold lip.

 

 

 

 

 


photos from The Cut


Jen Kao

Color blocking for the win!

 

 

photos from The Cut

Kate Spade

Kate Spade has been one my favorite designers for a while.  I always love their play on color and pattern, their nod to the past, and quirkyness.  This collection, again, is able to do that.  Also, got to love those nails!

 


 

 

  

 

 

 

photos from The Cut

Nicole Miller

LOVE this collection. So funky and hip! Loved her use of pattern and different materials.  The styling was spot on - mini fishtail, colorful hair, and custom nails!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
I'm obsessed with this model             


photos from The Cut

Peter Som

Loved his use of feminine shapes and bold patterns in a soft color palette.


 

 

 

photos from The Cut

Project Runway Contestants

Love Project Runway!

 

 

 

 

photos from The Cut

Rag and Bone

 

 

photos from The Cut

Rebecca Minkoff

 

 

photos from The Cut


Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment